Contractor Safety - Contractor Requirements - Contractor CertificationWhat are the contractor requirements where contractor safety is concerned?
- Owners/Employers or Controllers of the workplace are responsible for the safe work practices of their employees as well as contractor health and safety.
- Contractors having received a work order/purchase order/verbal order are considered to be employees of the owner/employer or controller of the workplace and as such their safety needs to be ensured.
- Would you employ a contractor/service provider who does not comply with Contractor Certification and OH&S requirements?
- How do you know your current contractors/service providers are compliant under the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations of your state?
What we do - Contractor Health and Safety
1. Contractor OHS - review and evaluation of contractor practices.
Trades Monitor provides its clients with a "Reasonable Expectation" that their Contractors meet the safety compliance requirements of their individual States OH&S Acts and Regulations by means of an Assessment Process which includes but is not restricted to:
- Reviewing the Contractors OHS system, procedures, documentation and implementation
- Evaluation of the Risk Assessment Process and Safe Work Method Statements(SWMS)/Job Safety Analysis(JSA) of the contractor
- Evidence of employee training in OHS and Contractor Safety procedures
- Evaluation of a "Site Safety Plan" and its implementation for Principal Contractors or larger organisations
- Evaluating the process of managing works that require the use of Permits
- Evidence of Accident & Injury reporting and management
- Evaluation of Hazardous Chemical contractor safety standards
- Evaluation of Electrical contractor safety standards
2. Trades Monitor provides a protective Audit Trail that would be available for use if required
3. Trades Monitor professionally manages a client's "Risk" that is associated with the use of Contractors
For further enquires about Contractor Safety, Contractor Requirements or Contractors Certification, please contact us.