It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult
- OH&S/WHS acts and regulations throughout Australia are enforceable law
- No company, regardless of size is exempt from the law
- Individuals and Companies are subject to conviction with significant fines
- Individuals must pay the fine on their own without company support
- There is no insurance available to manage the company's or individual's risk
- Owners/Employers or Controllers of the workplace are responsible for the safe work practices of their employees
- Contractors having received a work order/purchase order/verbal order, are deemed(by law) to be employees of the owner/employer or controller of the workplace for the period of time that they are employed by the owner/employer or controller of the workplace
- The owner/employer/controller of the workplace/contractor or subcontractor is in all cases jointly and severally responsible under "OH&S/WHS law"
The company and any individual involved are considered guilty until each can prove they had taken "all reasonable steps to assure safety"